The vision of the Florence Art School is to be a destination inspiring excellence in the arts.
The mission of the Florence Art School is to provide resources for instruction, exhibition, and experience in the fine arts, master crafts and heritage crafts for Ashe County and the region.
We strive to support our mission and vision through:
- Offering education in the fine arts, master crafts, and heritage crafts
- Promoting and preserving the Florence Thomas legacy
- Providing exhibition space
- Fostering an environment for creative thought and artistic expression.
Florence Board of Directors
- Ed Perzel, Board President
- Alice Atwood, Vice President
- Kim Hadley, Secretary
- Doug Munroe, Treasurer
- Melba Miller, Emeritus Director
- Joanie Bell
- Nathan Fields
- Kim Hadley
- Karen Hall
- Diane LaBonte
- Doug Munroe
- Janet Pittard
- Scot Pope
- Nancy Shoemaker
- Stephen Shoemaker
Meghan B Minton, Executive Director