Students must be 18 years of age, except for children and intergenerational workshops. No one under 18 is permitted to attend a workshop without prior approval from art school staff and workshop instructor.
Registration & Deposit
Registrations can be done on the website via PayPal or by calling the Art School 336-846-3827. A deposit of one half the tuition is due at the time of registration. $25 of the deposit is non-refundable (unless the Art School cancels the class). Registrations are non-transferable. A fee will be charged for returned checks. The remaining balance is due 30 days before the first day of the workshop. Note: Classes without a minimum registration may be canceled by the Art School.
Tuition amounts are listed with each workshop description on this site, and they can be found in our workshop brochure.
Coffee, hot tea, and water are available throughout the day.
The amount and type of materials will vary from workshop to workshop. Therefore, a list of suggested materials will be provided along with the workshop description or a material fee will be clearly identified.
Because of registration costs and other services, including instructor contracts, materials acquisitions and housing arrangements, the Art School is required to charge cancellation fees to students who change their itineraries.
- Once students are registered for a workshop cancellation fees apply.
- Cancellation up to 30 days prior to the first day of class will result in a $25 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation less than 30 days prior to the first day of class will result in a cancellation fee of 100% of the deposit.
- No tuition, deposit, or materials refunds will be made after the first day of class.
- Students who cancel their enrollment in one class to transfer to another class are charged the cancellation fee, plus the deposit for the class to which they wish to transfer.
If it is necessary for the Art School to cancel a class for any reason, students will be notified and offered the option of another class or a full refund. Please note that refunds may take up to 30 days to process.
The use of illegal substances is prohibited.
Alcohol is permitted in designated areas at designated times only:
- No alcohol is permitted in the classroom during instruction time, with the exception of Paint & Sip Workshops which are clearly indicated in the workshop description.
- If children’s art classes are on campus, alcohol consumption will be prohibited.
- Any person exhibiting intoxicated and disruptive behavior may be asked to leave the building.
Concealed and unconcealed firearms and weapons are not permitted in the building.
Smoking and smokeless tobacco products are not permitted inside the building.
The Art School is not responsible for the security of property left in the facility.
The Art School reserves the right to dismiss any student, without refund, for behavior that is disruptive to the creative process and learning environment. Please remember to be courteous to your classmates.
The Art School is not responsible for injuries sustained as a result of improper or careless use of tools and equipment. Injuries must be reported immediately and the appropriate Injury Report Form completed within 24 hours. First Aid kits are available throughout the facility.
Hazardous Materials Disposition
Brush cleaning must be done in an approved location. Oily rags, papers, and paints must be disposed of in a lidded, approved container. Students are expected to follow the materials disposal/cleaning directions of the course instructor or staff.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
The Florence Thomas Art School, Inc. admits students of any race,color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.